How to prepare homemade Fresh Rice Flour Egg Pasta? Making your personal pasta may elicit awe and also admiration (unless, obviously, you've got an Italian grandmother), however it is really simple using rice flour, since the pasta dough does not resist being rolled out. It may be cut in to any kind of width you prefer: 1/4 inch wide for fettuccine, 1/2 inch wide for pappardelle, or 2 inches wide for lasagne. The recipe can make two 12 X 10-inch sheets of silky pasta, weighing around 4 ounces each, and may be doubled. Like with all fresh pasta, it cooks in only Two or three min's. Recipe makes about 1/2 pound; serves 2.
Homemade Fresh Rice Flour Egg Pasta Recipe
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, and salt in a food processor, and process to mix. Combine the egg, egg yolk, olive oil, and i tablespoon water in a glass measuring cup, and whisk to combine. With the motor running, pour the egg mixture over the flour, and pulse till the dough forms in to a rough ball. (If too dry, add a couple of drops of water; if too wet, add a bit more rice flour. )#) Remove, and pat together into a disk. Cut the actual dough in half, and also work with one half at the same time.
- Put a ball of dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and also roll in to a very thin, even rectangle around 10 x 12 in ., turning it many times. (Italian cooks state you are able to read newspaper headlines through rolled pasta dough. )#). Do it again with all the remaining dough. If using right away, peel off the top layer of plastic wrap and also cut the actual dough in to strips of desired width. (If refrigerating or freezing, leave your sheets inside the plastic wrap and also cut later. )#) Peel the strips away from the bottom sheet of plastic wrap and also place on a wooden board, in order to add them to your boiling water all at one time.
- Bring 2 quarts water to a rolling boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and the pasta. Cook, stirring from time to time, till the pasta is actually al dente, Two to three min's. Drain and also toss with butter and also Parmigiano-Reggiano, or your choice of sauce.
Stick to the simple directions very carefully and will also be amazed exactly how great this particular recipe actually is. A lot of fun with preparation of this pasta recipe and also Bon Apetit.